Find out more information about immunization requirements and exemptions for all students.
All students need to provide evidence of certain immunizations once they are admitted to the university. This is to protect you from serious illness and also to protect our community. It is the student's responsibility to provide accurate immunization dates to achieve compliance. These dates will become a part of your official medical record.
Minnesota College Immunization Law requires all students born after 1956 be immunized against certain diseases, allowing for certain specified exemptions.
- Tetanus/diphtheria (Td or Tdap), at least one dose is required within past 10 years.
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR), must report 2 doses after age 12 months or provide titer results.
How do I Report it?
Students report their Tetanus (Td or Tdap) and MMR dates online by logging into theROCK>New Students Tab>Pre-registration forms>Immunization Record.
Under Minnesota law, you do have to submit an immunization record to your college or meet one of the legal exemptions. To complete an exemption form, sign into theROCK > New Student Tab > Pre-Registration forms > Immunization Record > Bottom right hand corner > Immunization Exemption Form.
- Meningitis (The meningococcal ACWY vaccine is recommended for all persons through age 21 years. Also, talk to your health care provider about meningococcal B vaccine.)
- Hepatitis A (2 dose series recommended for people with increased risk, for international travelers and others who wish to obtain immunity.)
- Hepatitis B (3 dose series)
- Varicella (2 doses given one month apart if no history of having chicken pox)
- Poliomyelitis (recommended for students under 18 years and some international travelers)
- Influenza (annual)
- Mantoux testing (required for all international students and for students who have been where tuberculosis is endemic)
Immunizations Available at Health Services
- Tdap (Tetanus/Diptheria and Pertussis)
- Hepatitis A
- TST (Tuberculin Skin Test)
- Information will be provided for health care facilities that provide other required immunizations upon request.